Tonight was a night to remember! Her Deadly Inheritance–the novel that had taken me years to write–won the Selah Award for “Fiction: First Novel.”
Though unable to attend the gala Awards night at the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference, I watched at home in Wisconsin through live-streaming, clapping for every recipient. It was such fun! I had plenty of friends who were up for awards. Suddenly I heard my name and jumped back in my office chair. Me? My novel?
It seemed too much to take in. Yet publisher Eddie Jones was running onstage in my absence to receive it. Yet I couldn’t help but remember of all who helped make this incredible honor possible.
My deepest gratitude to the One who makes all things possible. My thanks also to:
- the hard-working the staff at the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference
- coordinator Eva Marie Everson who organized the contest
- contest judges who put in many hours
- Eddie Jones at Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
- editors Rowena Kuo and J. Christine Richards
- agent Jim Hart
- my two critique groups
- and my faithful prayer team
God bless you all!